Does the philitrum play a part in lip protrusion?

Can the deepening of the philitrum fix a protruding upper lip? please excuse the fact that I said "deepening" I don't know what the procedure would be called if there is one.

Philitrum and Lip Injection

I would definitely encourage you to have the lip philitrum injected as part of the lip augmentation.  This will give you a natural look and help correct the upper lip.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers Can Restore Or Enhance The Phitrum & May Secondarily Add Some Lift To The Upper Lip

A photo in both front and profile views of the lips would have been helpful. In their absence, I can just offer the following comments.

In profile view, the upper lip ideally protrudes about 1-2mm beyond that of the lower lip. Restoring the philtrum in someone who either constitutionally does not have well defined philtral columns or has lost the philtrum due to age-related volume loss in the white portion of the upper lip may secondarily help to impart some lift to the upper lip and thereby may possibly diminish some of the upper lip protrusion troubling you. Your doctor may choose to test this out before actually embarking on treatment by injecting a small amount of saline or diluted anesthetic solution into the philtrum to assess the secondary benefits to the upper lip. The affect of the test solution lasts about five minutes, which is usually sufficient to make the assessment of potential benefits of actual treatment. 

You would do well to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in nonsurgical lip augmentation and rejuvenation.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Lip Fillers Long Term, Use Cannulas and a Conservative approach

you can make the lips do any shape pretty much with fillers depending on the starting shape/position. I suggest seeing an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Philtrum

Filling the philtrum will most likely not correct a protruding lip. Adding volume to the philtrum actually lifts the lip up towards the nose and makes them look vertically bigger.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip surgery

I am sorry, but I am not sure what you mean, photo or physical exam would be helpful. If you believe your upper lip is too big, then lip reduction surgery may be of help.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD