Do most people have positive outcome with cool sculpting for abdomen?

CoolSculpting Along the Abdomen

Thank you very much for your question. Yes, most people looking for a reduction in an isolated area of abdominal fat will find that CoolSculpting can provide their desired outcome. The success of the noninvasive procedure will depend on several factors, including the skill and experience of your CoolSculpting provider, how close you are to your desired weight, the extent of fat reduction desired, the quality of your skin, and whether your weight will fluctuate after the procedure. My recommendation is that you schedule a consultation appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in CoolSculpting, who can give you his/her honest recommendation in determining if you are a good candidate for this technique.

Coolsculpting for abdomen- a good idea?

Hello and thank you for your question.

I do believe that liposuction(for fat), or a tummy tuck with liposuction(for saggy abdomen plus fat) is the gold standard, as that affords me the best chance of getting to tackle the areas that concern you.

CoolSculpting addresses fat only, and addresses it well.

We have many outstanding results to the abdomen and very happy patients. We are using external body placement of applicators of varied shapes and sizes, so our results are restricted by that.

The key is good communication between you and the person assessing what is appropriate for you- are you realistic about your expectations, and is the person doing the assessment highly skilled?

In my practice, patients may see me about Tummy Tucks and/or Liposuction or may see our therapist. We help them work out what is most appropriate for them. I also decided to let qualified experienced nurses only perform these treatments and assessments. I think having such highly qualified medical people helps enormously.

I hope this has been of value for you.

CoolSculpting Results Can Be As Good As Liposuction

The short answer is yes. Coolsculpting is ideal for patients who have some localized extra fat they have trouble getting rid of. It should not be considered a treatment for obesity.When properly applied, especially with the new improved handles that allow the treatment to be done in 35 minutes per session, I can get results very close to liposuction or better. It is the most exciting machine I have in my office. 

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting can deliver great results....if you are a good candidate

Thank you for your question.  The best candidate for Coolsculpting is someone has is fairly close to their ideal weight, who has a good diet and exercises regularly but has stubborn areas of fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise.  If this is you, then Coolsculpting may be a good option for you. The abdomen is an area that is frequently treated with good to great results, if you are the right  candidate.  To confirm if you are an appropriate candidate for Coolsculpting, I recommend that you  schedule a consultation with a certified Coolsculpting practice.

Coolsculpting to abdomen

CoolSculpting is a great alternative to liposuction for many individuals seeking a non- surgical body contouring procedure.  CoolSculpting is best suited for patients falling at a 30 BMI or less. The abdomen region is one of the most treated areas in my practice and patients almost universally enjoy the results.  I would highly recommend having a consultation to see if you’re the right canidate.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Candidates

CoolSculpting is an excellent procedure for removal of unwanted abdominal fat in appropriate candidates. Your BMI should be below 30, and your fat pinchable, and not too tight. As it removes an average of 20% of the fat that can be pulled by suction into the treating head ,it may take two or more treatments to get the best results. Best Wishes, Maurice Vick MD

Maurice M. Vick, Jr., MD
Baton Rouge Urologist

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting abdomen

Cool sculpting to the abdomen is one of the most popular areas to be treated.  Patients who are the right candidates ie.  minimal to no skin laxity and isolated pockets of fat generally have wonderful results. With each treatment approximately 20% of fat is removed.  Please see a physician who can give you a better idea of what you can personally expect from each treatment.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an efficacious non invasive treatment for fat reduction. It often provides great results on someone who is at a ideal weight but has stubborn pockets of fat. The abdomen is a common area treated. One session typically eliminates at least 20% of the fat cells in the area. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is the number one method of non invasive fat reduction because it works. It all depends on how much fat there is and how many sessions. As long as your Coolsculpting practice sets you up with realistic expectations, you will be in good shape. Good luck.