Pain in outer left breast/low armpit area 6 months PO breast augmentation

2 days PO my left breast began hurting after my PS showed me the massages.Shortly after, when I leaned forward, it felt like it was sliding- he said that was ok.In Jan16 I was worried because it still felt off.When I push my breast outwards, the lower/outer part of my breast feels like its getting pushed against something-Not painful but uncomfortable.When I reach for my feet(straight legged), there is sharp pain in outer breast/low armpit area.It hurts if I move my breast while in that position

You should see your surgeon for an assessment to determine what may be causing this new onset of pain.

Regards, 

Pain occurring six months after breast augmentation.

It six months pain should really not be an issue after breast augmentation. The capsule informs around every prosthesis should be well established. As long as pain is not related to an ancillary breast implant issues such as infection treatment is generally symptomatic and one can expect some pain to resolve.

Breast augmentation - Pain in left breast, 6 months after surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Pain like this can be quite unsettling.
  • It seems the implant is irritating a nerve along the side of the chest.
  • If it can be localized - without going near the implant - your surgeon might be able to do a nerve block.
  • This may relieve the pain long enough for the nerve to recover.
  • See your surgeon to be checked and if s/he doesn't have an answer, ask if this is something to consider.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Pain in breasts

Anytime your symptoms have changed, I think it is a good idea to see your surgeon to be properly evaluated.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Nerve Pain?

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear of your post-op discomfort. This sounds like you are experiencing neurogenic (nerve) pain. This most often is a result of the implant stretching a nerve on the outer portion of the breast. This usually decreases over time, but you should discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast pain post-op

At 6 months post-op, train could represent a number of different things including nerve injuries or issues with the scar capsule.  It would be advisable to follow up with your plastic surgeon, so that he/she can assess the situation and help you with a remedy. Best wishes.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon

Post operative breast pain

It is common to feel a certain degree of discomfort following a breast augmentation. Implants may also initially feel heavy on your chest. Continue your massaging exercises and give it time.

Pain in breast

From your description it sounds like you're having some discomfort that may or may not be secondary to what we call neurogenic pain from an injured nerves having been stretched to accommodate an implant. With this many symptoms ,I think the best plan is for you to follow up with your plastic surgeon because he or she knows what was done and can best by physical exam, come up with a treatment plan. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS