Is e Matrix used for Atrophic acne scars?

I have acne scars and a dermatologist said that they were Atrophic I googled how to get rid of them. Some people have used e matrix before anyone know about results?

Santa Monica acne scar treatments

Ematrix is an excellent non laser modality for atrophic acne scars. In our office, we use Ematrix in concert with subcision, acne scar surgery, lasers, and ablative treatments. Chemical peels and topical therapy can also be of use.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Santa Monica

Yes.

Yes it can. Have a look at some of my before and after photos, I do use eMatrix. The earlier we get to scars the better. You will need several treatments. For acne scarring I would use the highest setting- setting c by default. Possibly 62 mj. Some countries allow 80, in Australia we have 100 mj pins. Seeing a Specialist can help guide you as to the best possible treatments for your scars. 

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

EMatrix for Acne scars

eMatrix is a fantastic laser to minimize acne scars.  Though radiofreqnecy technology the scars are minimized and you create a smoother skin surface.  It can take several treatments to help rejuvenate the skin and the deeper the scars, the more treatments it may take so patience and realistic expectations are needed since this is not a one-time treatment.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with this laser for the best cosmetic results.

EMatrix for acne scar relief - Buffalo Niagara NY

eMatrix is great technology, as it uses radiofrequency energy (RF) in a sublative manner, i.e. sparing the epidermis or outermost lining of the skin in the way it delivers its energy to the dermis. In effect, this allows minimal or no down time as the outermost layer of the skin appears nearly normal.

eMatrix is used extensively in our program in our Williamsville office where we treat atrophic acne scars, some ice pick scars depending on their depth to width ratio (Dr. Raffy criteria), rolling acne scars and boxed acne scars.

ematrix is also beneficial in certain types of burn scars and early surgical scarring. 

Dr. Karamanoukian