Loss of volume in cheeks and eye area after Voluma?

I went to the derma complaining about the lines around either side of my mouth. She suggested Voluma to lift the cheeks and then Belo tero for the lines. I had it done a year ago and didn't like the results at all. She agreed and suggested I see a plastic surgeon. I was unhappy and uncomfortable with having any other procedures so I decided to let it dissolve on its own. Well now I'm left with hollow cheeks, nasolabial folds, and deep circles under my eyes. Please help!

Voluma results

I am sorry that you had a bad experience. Unfortunately, the end result of any injectable is almost completely dependent on the skill of the injector. Without before and after photos, impossible to give any real accurate advise, but you might want to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of Voluma experience to be assessed in person and discuss your options. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma Results and Happiness

I have never seen voluma lead to volume loss. I suggest you post before and after photos , standardized (the ones taken in the doctors office) on here.  But it sounds like you need fat grafting and/or sculptra for more volumization than you got from the voluma.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Loss of volume in cheeks and eye area after Voluma

Sorry to hear of your disappointing results.
Voluma is an excellent filler for restoring cheek volume, and if done properly most patients are delighted with the results.
A couple of points I'd add.  Results are often volume dependent.  And it often requires additional injections after a certain time period.  Therefore, you may have been under-corrected, leading to your disappointment.
In addition, the product is likely mostly gone now, a year later.  You will be not only back to square one, but you have had another year of aging!  Fillers require maintenance, with repeat injections at regular intervals, in order to best hold off the inevitable effects of getting older.
Don't give up, but you may want to seek out another experienced injector.  Best to choose from facial plastic, general plastic, oculoplastic, or dermatology.

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear that your results after Voluma and Belotero were not what you anticipated.  Without photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice, but once fully dissolved you should return to the facial appearance you maintained prior to placement.  As it sounds that this is not the case for you I would seek second opinions from board certified plastic surgeons in your area for second and third opinions.  

Voluma and Loss of Volume

Without a photo it is impossible to give the best advice on your situation.  Voluma is an excellent product and I don't know if it was injection technique or the wrong filler or placement.  Please feel free to post photos.  Best, Dr. Green