Lip Augmentation to balance out Upper/Bottom Lip and Side Profile Suggestions? (photo)

How could I balance out the way my side profile looks? I think my lips are an okay size, I would like to even them out and make them appear more "pouty" from the side. Also, I think when I smile my upper lip kind of disappears, so I'd like to balance that out as well.

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question in regards to lip augmentation. Hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm would be a great start to give you more of a pout appearnce. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

Fillers, fat and implants do great for lips. Because you are seeking a different shape, I would suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation for balance

If you have not had any form of lip augmentation prior you have beautiful natural full lips.  If you are hoping for more of a pouty look, you would benefit from an augmentation with a Hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm or Restylane mainly in your lower lip but also a minimal amount in the upper to help balance and define to give you the look you desire.  Make sure to go to an experienced injector for an in person consultation to discuss your specific goals and expectations.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

Subtle Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry to hear that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photographs, you appear to have very nice naturally full lips.  I would suggest a very conservative lip augmentation with Juvederm.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns, goals and expectations in order to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Lip Augmentation to balance out Upper/Bottom Lip and Side Profile Suggestions?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Placement of a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm Ultra Plus will afford you the flexibility to improve any asymmetries naturally present as well as increase the overall volume of your lips to make them more noticeable during smiling.  Hope this helps.

Natural Lip Augmentation

I appreciate your concern, you have a very pretty lips, so I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD