Keloid on ear. What can I do? (Photos)

I've had a keloid on right earlobe since I can remember (5). At 9 I got it cut off. My parents didn't take care and it grew back with split earlob. I got earlobe repaired 2 years ago. But then I got anxious. I just wanted a normal ear. I tied a string around and amputated it. I know I shouldn't have done that. But I did. I should've gotten pressure earrings because it was completely gone. It's grown back since. And I hate it. I can't take it anymore. Is there anything I can do or anyone I can go see?

Hello and thank you for your question. You may be a candidate for a keloid scar revision.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon