I am mother of 5 children. Can my inner labia be reconstructed? (Photos)

Is it possible to reconstruct the inner lips?

Inner Labia Surgery Options

#Labialplasty is probably the most common of the Vaginal Enhancement procedures. A candidate for a Labiaplasty procedure is concerned about the appearance of her labia or she may experience pain and discomfort from large, long or uneven labia; usually of the inner lips or labia minora. This may result in chronic rubbing, which leads to difficulty in  wearing tight clothin , such as leggings; tight shorts and bathing suits can reveal a “Camel Toe”  which can be corrected with treatment. Enlarged or uneven labia may have a significant psychological impact and severely affect normal sexual relations.Surgery is the most common treatment and this problem can usually be corrected in under one hour with a local anaesthetic. Many women feel more comfortable and relaxed with a quick twilight or general anaesthetic. Each procedure is customized to the physical findings as well as the desired goals of the patient. Some procedures may include treatment of the clitoris or clitoral hood to further enhance this region.  The “trim procedure” is a straight incision along the edge of the labia to reduce excess tissue.  A “wedge” is the removal of a triangular shaped part of the labia with the remaining parts placed together to look completely normal. There are “modified wedges” and Barbie Doll procedures  as well as other varieties of treatment.  The Barbie Doll reduces much of the Labia Minora so that it is not visible beyond the Labia Majora.  There is no one right solution for all patients, but there is a solution for every woman. The outcome of a Labiaplasty is a more youthful appearance, ability to wear all types of clothing without discomfort and/or embarrassment, and a more confident sex life.The best thing to do would be to take your direct questions to a local certified plastic surgeon in consultation and see which option would be the best to help improve your situation. I wish you the best of luck!

Vaginal labia come in all different shapes and sizes.  If you feel uncomfortable having large protruberant Vaginal lips labiaplasty may be an option for you.
Labia plasty is a procedure that reduces the size of your vaginal lips. Hooding of the clitoris can also be reduced at this time. My patients tell me the pain is negligible after surgery. Recovery is fairly quick most patients go back to work within one week. 
 After the surgery patients feel more confident and are pleased with their appearance. This is a relatively short procedure. I hope you find this information helpful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

I am mother of 5 children. Can my inner labia be reconstructed?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  I would recommend seeing a labiaplasty specialist in order to have an in-person examination and opportunity to describe what exact goal look you are hoping to achieve.  An overall reduction of your labia can be performed if you are having functional or appearance related issues.  Hope this helps.

It appears that you have elongated labia minora (inner labia). If you’d like to decrease their length so that they don’t protrude as much, then labiaplasty would be effective. However, you mention “reconstructed” - this would mean that your labia is not intact, but it’s unclear what the issue is by looking at your photos. Do you have a tear or other issue? if you mean something else, then please provide more details.

Tell me about reconstruction of my labia minora

Not sure exactly what you mean by "reconstructed?" Do you mean "...made smaller?  If so, you would be an ideqal candidate for a curvilinear resection, but ONLY go to an experienced (!!) cosmetic gynecologist or plastic surgeon, as it would be so easy for an inexperienced surgeon to take TOO MUCH off and "amputate" your labia.  NOT GOOD! You have a very competent surgeon up there in Rochester, N.Y., Dr. Uma Panmetsa. I trained Uma, and she will do you well!
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

Labia reconstruction

Dear BP
thank you for sharing but based upon the photos I am having a difficult time assessing the problem.  You really need to see a specialist in labiaplasty and voice exactly what your concerns are to the surgeon at the time of evaluation.   Choose a surgeon wisely and one who is skilled in labiaplasty techniques. 
John  R  Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Can my inner labia be reconstructed?

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist who specializes in labiaplasty.  Only with an examination and complete history can one make a diagnosis and provide options.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon