I would love to know if I qualify for a breast augmentation surgery without a lift? (photo)

I am scared to death of the scarring that results from an breast a I would love to know if I qualify for a breast augmentation surgery without a lift. I am scared to death of the scarring that results from an breast a lift, and want to know if a lift is necessary in my case? From doing some research, I would say my breast fall somewhere in between pseudoptosis and parenchymal maldistribution breast. What do think doctors? I'm 23, no children and have been wanting an augmentation for years now.

Snoopy Deformity with Augmentation Alone

With an augmentation alone, I think you will find your breast tissue droops off the implant; this will be suboptimal. You would look good with a bra on, but I think you would be disappointed otherwise. 

I would consider a breast lift alone or a breast lift with and augmentation. 

Breast Lift

Personally, I don't think you will be happy with your results without a lift as well. The implant will give you volume but it will only make your breasts sag more. The ultimate decision is yours but that is my opinion. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast Augmentation with or without lift?

Hi thanks for the question and photos. You can  benefit from an augmentation for volume for sure. You will probably need some sort of nipple lift procedure for optimal nipple position. The larger your implant the less lift you will likely need. I would place the implant first and re-evaluate the position of the nipple ~ 8 weeks after. If any lifting of the nipple needs to be done at that time minimal incisions can be made based on the position of the implant with minimal scarring...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Lift Probably Necessary

If you get breast implants alone, the sagging will only be more prominent. I know you don’t want the scarring, but a lift would give you a fuller breast shape. This can be done with implants at the same time, or you can have the lift first than the implants a couple of months later if you want to have larger breasts.

I would love to know if I qualify for a breast augmentation surgery without a lift?

Hello Chanel4,
Thanks for your question.
Unfortunately, you would need a breast lift (mastopexy) to reposition your breasts at the time you augment them with breast implants.  The start of your breasts sits high, but the length of your breasts are long.  If you did just a breast augmentation, you would end up with a "Snoopy dog" deformity - your implants would sit nice and high, but your breast tissue would cascade over the implants a droop.  
I understand your fears about the incisions for a breast lift, but in reality, most women of color actually do fairly well.  It just takes extra diligence on the part of your surgeon when closing the incisions to optimize your scars.  With time they do fade into the background.
Of course you are young.  If you plan to have children, then you will need revision surgery in the future to retighten your lifted and augmented breasts.  Body weight and shape changes, along with breast feeding, can really affect the shape and position of your breasts long-term.
Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.  Work with a surgeon with a significant experience in ethnic plastic surgery and scar managment.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

You definitely need a lift along with any augmentation you want. Best to discuss this with your surgeon in person.

Lift or no lift

Base on your photos for sure you need a lift.To do an aug without it will only make you unhappy.For sure do a lift as well.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift?

To achieve a more youthful breast you will need a lift. If you are happy with volume of your breast in a bra then a lift alone, without an implant, would be reasonable. But an implant alone will not correct your issue. Best to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of your options.
Good luck!

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation without lift?

Your degree of ptosis is severe and you will have an inferior result without a lift. Do not let someone talk you into it. You will regret it. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy and implants

From your photos you would clearly benefit from a breast lift with implants. If scarring is a major concern you should re-think this surgery. 

Dr. B