I am 5 days post op, expander exchange for silicone implants.

I bled into left breast and its swollen. painful. I called my Plastic surgeon after having an ER Doctor I was working with look at site. Is this true?

Expander Exchange with Silicone Implants

Thanks for your question and I am sorry to hear about your situation.It is possible to have a hematoma or have fluid collection and this can be verified by ultrasound in the E.R.If there is significant amount of fluid, then it needs to be drained somehow either surgically or in the radiology department.If it is not enough, then it can be re-absorbed on its own.I would highly recommend follow-up with your Plastic Surgeon just to be sure.I hope this helps.Best of luck.

Breast Reconstruction/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your plastic surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Swelling

Swelling after implant surgery can be related to seroma formation, hematoma or generalized swelling of the tissue.   Seroma (fluid collection) & Hematoma (blood collections) need surgical intervention. Generalized swelling will subside in time.  Please see your plastic surgeon to determine the cause of your swelling.

Ali Sadeghi, MD, FACS
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Hematoma

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry to here of your discomfort.  If you are having problems following your surgical procedure, it is important that you contact your plastic surgeon and schedule an appointment to be evaluated.  Complications do happen after surgical procedures, again, it is important that you contact your surgeon to be seen.  In some instances, a return trip to the operating room are necessary to alleviate the problem.

Thank You,

Nicholas Jones, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange and bleeding

I think that if you are having an issue with your very recent surgery you need to discuss this with your surgeon and be evaluated in person..