I am about to go to my consultation for a breast reduction. I'm just wondering what I should expect?(photo)

Will I be less likely to get approved if I'm seen as overweight? Please help! 

Expect Your Surgeon to Help You Understand the Procedure

You should leave the plastic surgeon's office with a much better understanding of your condition, the procedure he or she plans to relieve your symptoms, the anticipated result, the recovery, return to work and activities, and possible downsides.  Your surgeon should have a detailed process in place to give you this information.  As far as overweight; it depends on your insurance company.  Reduction surgery is very effective at relieving neck, upper back and shoulder pain.  Insurance companies vary is how restrictive they are, but the procedure can almost always help a woman if the is "DD" or larger and having significant pain.  

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

Be prepared to understand and appreciate the scarring that goes along with reducing and lifting the breasts.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Each insurance company is different and therefore might have different criteria  for approval. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.