I am desperate to know what I can do to improve my smile? When I smile my teeth are barely exposed (Photos)

I am currently 27 years old. I had braces 10 years ago which straightened my teeth. My upper lip greatly covers my teeth and I have very low confidence because of it. I am wondering if this is a jaw structure problem or are my lips too large? Would I benefit from a lip lift or should I consider veneers or crowns to increase the size of my teeth? I am embarrassed of my smile. The first picture is of the smile I wish I had. Thank you for any and all who can help!

Smile Improvement

Hi Sjets1987,Based from the photos (4th photo smiling), it seems that your lower teeth is in front of your upper teeth when you smile, which if that is the case, is a form of malocclusion. As for the upper lip lift, we cannot say just based from this photos, while the length of your teeth looks fine on the photos. A personal evaluation is necessary to confirm what procedure will work for you.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift for better smile?

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  • I am sorry you are troubled by this -
  • You need a careful examination to advise you about the right treatment.
  • A lip lift will short the upper lip (the white skin) - it isn't clear from the photos that you need this.
  • It is possible that you need an implant to support the base of you nose, removal of abnormal attachments of the depressor nasii or maybe both of these plus a lip lift.
  • So find a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who does lip surgery and arrange a consultation to find out what is likely to work well for you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic or Facial Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS