I am desperate to know what I can do to improve my smile? When I smile my teeth are barely exposed (Photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Lip lift for better smile?
- I am sorry you are troubled by this -
- You need a careful examination to advise you about the right treatment.
- A lip lift will short the upper lip (the white skin) - it isn't clear from the photos that you need this.
- It is possible that you need an implant to support the base of you nose, removal of abnormal attachments of the depressor nasii or maybe both of these plus a lip lift.
- So find a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who does lip surgery and arrange a consultation to find out what is likely to work well for you.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic or Facial Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.