Can the black ink on the banner of the tattoo be removed from one session and how much it will cost? (photo)

I got the wrong date on my tattoo and i like see i can remove it too fix it up, this is ny first tattoo

Number of Tattoo Removal Sessions

Thank you for your question. Tattoo removal is a process and typically requires multiple sessions. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology for laser tattoo removal. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments on average. The speed of removal can vary based on several factors such as location of the tattoo, skin tone, how quick your body eliminates the ink and the sharpness of the ink. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring then with older laser systems. It is important not only to seek advanced technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. Best wishes. 

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo removal

Typically treatment will require 6-15 treatments for removal. Fortunately for you, black ink is the easiest to remove.

Tattoo Removal

Tattoo removal is a procedure that does take multiple sessions to see full results. The good thing is that the ink is black and black ink is the easiest to remove. The cost of tattoo removal will be based upon the clinic/office you go to. Best, Dr. Green

Black ink tattoo removal

The good news is that black ink usually responds well to laser treatment.  However, it takes more than one session for best results.  You can treat just the banner and leave the rest of the tattoo alone.

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Extensive black tattoo removal

Tattoo removal is a multiple treatment procedure. You have a very large tattoo but fortunately it is black. Black is the easiest to remove. I would say at least 6 sessions spaced 6 weeks apart. Cost is up to the clinic treated.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Tattoo removal

Thanks for posting your photo. The date can certainly be removed, but it will take more than one session. I'd guess a minimum of 4-6 treatments will be needed. Cost should be somewhere around 100-150 per session with an experienced provider. Best of luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon