When is ATX-101 going to be available for my double chin?

I need to get rid of my double chin and have done some research on different machines and injections. Was wondering on the results on the ATX-101.

Kybella is FDA approved for the double chin

Kybella is FDA approved for the area under the chin and works extremely well in permanently reducing submental fat.  My patients have been thrilled with the results.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella is available for double chin

If you are looking soley for a non-surgical solution, I am finding that the combination of Kybella or Coolsculpting Mini to reduce the sub mental fullness and an energy device to tighten the skin are among the best non-surgical combinations to help your neck concerns.
Kybella is an injection procedure that dissolves the fat an may require between 2-4 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. There is some swelling and bruising potential, with the greatest amount with the first treatment.
The Coolsculpting mini procedure cools the fatty tissue under the submental area and also reduces the fatty tissue under the chin.

As far as energy devices, I would recommend Ulthera if you are looking for something with no downtime, or Profound if you could tolerate some downtime. Ulthera is an ultrasound based energy that heats the underlying tissue and stimulates collagen in response. Profound is a radio frequency microneedling device that allows for the creation of Elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid and hence restores some of the lost elasticity in the neck. It has more visible downtime with the possibility of some swelling and bruising that diminishes in about a weeks time.

Surgical options are also very rewarding and include liposuction or neck lift. I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to help you discuss your options in more detail.

We offer Kybella at Marina Plastic Surgery in Marina Del Rey now

Kybella is currently available.  I will be presenting a talk about Kybella's use at the Aesthetic Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery meeting this Sunday, August 16.  As one of the few national trainers, we offer Kybella at Marina Plastic Surgery in Marina Del Rey, CA.  It is a non-surgical, chemical chin lift that can replace liposuction of the neck fat below your chin and above the platysma, one of your neck muscles.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Kybella Availability

Dear Cheesecakemyers,

Kybella is now available for physicians who have performed the training sessions that have been offered this summer 2015. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality care, treatment and results available. After all, your face is valuable and your investment in cosmetic enhancing is worth maximizing.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella(ATX-101) is available now!

Kybella is now available to practices that have been specially selected by the company. We are currently one of a few practices in the Washington, DC area to offer this.  Currently it is only FDA approved to use in the submental region and works by destroying the fat cells that produce the "double chin."  The results are fantastic.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella -- FDA approved for Submental Fat, Non Surgical Option But Still New

Kybella is a form of a liver salt that is syntheic and works to damage fat cells when it is injected into them. In the clinical trials, 2 treatments a month apart had close to 50% improvement in fat reduction with some neck skin tightening/lifting (but this was a secondary outcome). More treatments, gave more improvement. In general it will take 4-6 treatments to get close to 75%+ improvement in most patients. There is pain and swelling during and after injection that can last a few hours to a few weeks/months. I suggest a formal consultation with a physician who is trained and speaks on neck rejuvenation, contouring and lifting. I am one of the few Kybella injection trainers and the majority of my practice is facial and body rejuvenation by fat removal surgical and non surgical options. Some people may benefit better from surgical lipocontouring and get more jawline and lower face improvement, as well as neck lifting, quickly -- within 3 days after the procedure. Kybella is not FDA approved to use in other areas other than the fat pad under the chin/submental area, and use in other areas could be unsafe. Again, please see an expert if you are considering treatment with this new medication. It does offer a great advance in our ability to reduce fat and contour the face. Only a select number of physicians will be injecting this medication at the beginning, it is available in those practices now. Best, Dr. Emer.

Kybella

Kybella will be officially released at the end of June 2015, however only a few physicians across the United States have been given early access to the medication and have received formal training to inject Kybella. 

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella

Kybella will be officially released at the end of June 2015, however only a few physicians across the United States have been given early access to the medication and have received formal training to inject Kybella. Our office is one of the few that were part of the clinical trials and we just finished training 65 other physicians around the USA so it is available now.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella will be available at the end of June 2015 in select offices

Kybella will be officially released at the end of June 2015, however only a few physicians across the United States have been given early access to the medication and have received formal training to inject Kybella. Our office is one of the few that were selected, and we will also serve as a training site for other physicians.

To make sure that a physician has the appropriate skill level or credentials to administer Kybella, make sure the physician is board-certified in Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery or Ophthalmology and has received official training to safely administer Kybella.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella (ATX-101 availability)

Our clinic was chosen as one of dozens of site to offer this treatment before the commercial release. We will also be involved in a multi-center study comparing Kybella against other fat reduction treatments including liposuction. Kybella is currently available at promotional prices.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS