3 yrs ago I was 420lbs and had gastric bypass with a 228 lb loss. I am now 13 weeks post op from having the Fleur De Lis (Photo)

I feel that the cut across is a bit too low as it is located at my leg crease and very low to my pelvic area I don't know if there is another surgery that has to be done if I want to remove the skin in that area, I figured that it would have been lifted and the cut across would have been higher. The skin is now extremely loose, meaning when I bend forward it hangs and that was not what I was expecting. Will i require another tummy tuck or can exercise help?

Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck!

Dear marevic, judging by your pre-operative photo you certainly were a challenge case! I'm impressed with the amazing reduction of your abdominal girth or width and the fact that your vertical scar and belly button are both nicely in the middle of your tummy.  As far as the bottom of the abdomen there is still a lot of tissue (skin) redundancy that can be further removed with another tummy tuck. Maybe this time we don't have to mess with the vertical portion again although it's hard to tell without actually examining you.  As the excess bottom is trimmed the thigh and pubic skin can be brought up so it doesn't appear that low and redundant.  It is possible that your surgeon did the best he/she could at the time of surgery and as the bottom skin got softer, and healing progressed, it began to sag again.  It's not easy to figure out how much skin to remove safely in a case like yours, it takes a lot of experience! I do a lot of surgeries for massive weight loss so I understand your dissatisfaction but the good news is that it is fully correctable.

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

13 weeks PostOp of FDL

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your surgery.  Though you have obtained a very nice result which should still improve with time you will have continued excess of skin and adipose tissue in both a vertical and horizontal dimension across your stomach.  Correction would require a revision of your FDL abdominoplasty.  Allow yourself at least 6 months of healing to assess your long-term results and then determine whether revision surgery is something you would still entertain.  Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. In general special attention is needed to lift the pubic area during a standard tummy tuck. You should follow up with your surgeon and ask how that area was handled. After you recover and all swelling goes away you can assess the results together with your surgeon. You may need a touch up to address the pubic area.