Results from Microlaser treatment. Is it normal to have lymph on the surface? (Photo)

Just had a Profractional and Microlaser peel about 48 hrs ago.My skin is very red with lymph on the surface of my skin. Very worried. Face is swollen. Is it normal to have lymph on the surface. Face does not look any better. does not look like it heals.

Micro Laser Peel and Pro Fractional Therapy

Thank you for your question lasernomore. The Micro Laser Peel and Pro Fractional Therapy can rejuvenate the skin. With strong treatments, redness, swelling, sensitivity, and crusting are normal for one to two weeks after a treatment. For my patients I recommend using Avene Thermal spray water and the Elta MD Intense Moisturizer several times per day for the first week to help with the healing. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Oozing post laser expected

This is entirely normal following a fully ablative laser procedure. This will last for unto 4-6 days. During this time it is vital you follow your specialists recommendations regarding prevention of infection and wound healing. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Lymph after laser

This is a wounding process and as the top layers of skin are lasered off seepage and mild crusting are expected .Depending on depth this will crust for 3-7 days. It is important to keep the area clean and apply an emollient such as aquaphor to promote healing and prevent rare infection. 

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Lymph on skin

The response of the skin is related to the depth of the resurfacing and the energy applied to the skin.  It is not uncommon for the skin to weep when the epithelium, or outer protective layer of the skin, is ablated, and redness is expected after lasering.  This all may be a normal part of healing, but you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  It may be important to be evaluated to make certain that there are no clinical signs of infection.  Best of luck.  

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon