MicroLaser Peel procedure. Is it OK to have lymph or yellowish liquid coming out of the surface of the skin? Micro laser peel

On Thursday I did Micro laser peel procedure. Skin does not get any better. It looks like its getting redder and redder and plus yellow liquid is coming from the surface. It does have some smell. Does it mean there is an infection? Please , help.....

Thanks for your query. If a yellowish smelly fluid is coming out from the surface then you should immediately consult your physician as this might be an indication of infection and should be treated as soon as possible. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Micro laser peel infection

The odor is concerning and I would recommend returning to doctor for culture and possible oral antibiotic. A biofilm which can develop after laser resurfacing can result in scarring if not treated. 

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Post op care

Dear patient, swelling a clear straw colored liquid coming after a laser peel is quite common. I am worried that you can smell what seems like an early bacterial of fungal infection. I strongly suggest that you see your laser surgeon. A culture of the skin and oral antibiotics and antiviral treatments may be needed.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Microlaser peel drainage

It seems like you had a bit more than a microlaser peel. If the peel went deeper than the epidermis, you will have a fair amount of drainage, most of which would be yellowish in color. I would recommend you see your provider, and I would recommend an antibiotic to prevent infection, as well as an antiviral to prevent a cold sore. Things should heal in about 5-6 days total.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Peel on Face and Redness

I suggest speaking to your physician this doesnt sound like the normal skin response after a light laser treatment, maybe so for a co2 laser resurfacing.  Best, Dr. Emer.