What hair procedure can I get done to fill in these spaces? Can I use my sisters hair because my hair is no good? (photos)

It all started during my pregnancy with my now 8yr old daughter. My hair fell out during the entire pregnancy! 3 months after I had her it started falling in clumps. I had just lost a job. I couldn't get an appt to see any dermatologist for 1 yr! I had already knew I had alopecia. My hair got worse as the years went on. I've tried the vitamins, oils, changing my diet still no results. My hair grows just like this and sheds when I comb it. Im tired of wearing wigs. I took these pictures today.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  You cannot use your sister's hair as donor hair.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post pregnancy alopecia

Unfortunately at this point, the follicles that have been lost are likely fibroses and won't reproduce a cosmetically well appearing hair.  However at the time post pregnancy, medications could have mitigated the loss and its return.

At this point, your options are stem cell therapy, or a transplant.   Transplant can not be done with follicles from someone else as it will be rejected by the body.  Theoritically there are ways to have donor regions obtained from others, but it is only in theory.

Good luck

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hair loss during pregnancy

you may have a hair restoration surgery .Unfortunatelly there are 2 problem about hair transplantation for ladies:  First, the donor area that we obtain all hair follicles may be under affect of genetical hair loss ( you may have a diffuse hair thinning pattern) and because of that, after restoration procedure transplanted hairs would be also thin and not enough for restoring preexisting hair. These thin hair stock may not satisfied woman patient after surgery and not providing life long guaranty; so we would not able to get results as successfull as in men..Secondly, let’s assume that we found before operation that  woman has a strong donor site on her back and sides of head, we have to shave all hair short to harvest hair follicles just before operation. So it is really a socially terrible condition for a woman to having almost no hair and it causes daily life restrictions. Only after 10 days of operation, patient can use a hair prosthesis to cover the area … Or in some cases let’s say, the patient needs a limited hair transplant  (1000-1500 grafts) we can harvest hair from a partially shaved area on donorsite that long unshaven hair able to cover the shaved area .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss associated with pregnancy

Usually women who lose hair with pregnancy find that after a year or two, the hair comes back,. You can not use the hair of someone elese  for a hair transplant

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair restoration options

Thank you for your questions. In theory the answer is yes but in reality unfortunately the answer is no . It is not possible to perform a hair transplant  using donor hair from another person and the grafts would be quickly lost and rejected . Your immune system would  view you sisters hairs as strange foreign invaders  and quickly will destroy them .   I  advise you to consult with a surgeon and show your donor area   for restoration  options .

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon