Is it normal for one breast to be more swollen than the other two weeks post op? (Photo)

I had 375cc silicone implants done two weeks ago. They were done under the muscle with a periareola lift. My left breast the bruises are dissipating and it feels more "normal", it's still swollen but tolerable. My right breast the bruises are still pretty prevalent and the swelling goes almost up to my collar bone. I've been using ice packs, heading pad, the band and sports bras. I'm not sure what else I can do to alleviate the swelling.

Swelling in one breast after surgery

It is not normal for your right breast to be so swollen and bruised 2 weeks post surgery.  By the appearance of your photographs, your appear to have a sigificant haematoma of the right side.  This is a collection of blood around the implant an must be removed so that infection doesn’t develop.  Also if it is left untreated, other complications such as capsular contracture are likely.  It is imperative you see your surgeon who will arrange drainage and washout of the right side.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its early to talk about results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

2w postop

Some degree of asymmetrical swelling is normal. If it becomes worse you should see your chosen surgeon to rule out possible seroma. 

Regards.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Changes

With any concerning changes or new bruising, close follow up with your board certified plastic surgeron is critical. Best of luck, MMT

Swelling like this is not normal

I highly suggest you see your surgeon today for evaluation.  You may have a hematoma and while you may not, an in person evaluation is prudent.  Good luck!

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, I would recommend that you follow up with your plastic surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Is it normal for one breast to be more swollen than the other two weeks post op?

Thank you for your question.  The bruising on your right breast is quite severe.  If the breast feels incredibly tight with a lot of pressure and pain a hematoma or bleeding inside needs to be ruled out.

Please see her plastic surgeon for examination and possible ultrasound to make sure there is no bleeding inside the breast implant pocket.

Bruising

I think that the most important thing to do right now is to be evaluated in person to make sure that you do not have a hematoma in the one breast which has been a problem. Best of luck.