Does midface implant reduce nasolabial fold?

Thinking to have a cheek implant. I heard that it can have a morr complex effect reduce nasilabial fold and under-eye circles.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures, over the past 30 years, using dermal fillers and facial implants (cheek, chin) over the past 30 years. Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. Based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.

The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face. This can be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face if the chin is weak.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
  • Once the face is properly shaped and if the nasolabial folds are still prominent, dermal filler can be used to soften the folds.
Hope this helps.

Cheek fillers can improve cheeks, nasolabial folds and under eye circles

Cheek fillers such as Voluma can improve cheeks, nasolabial folds and under eye circles.  By re-inflating sagging cheeks, robust fillers such as Voluma can improve multiple facial areas.  Fillers are easier to customize than implants and can be changed as your face ages, unlike solid implants that don't change.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon