How can I improve my face structure? (Photo)

How can I improve my face, chin implant or jaw or what? I'm 23

Candidate for Chin Augmentation

It is necessary to get a proper examination done by a board accredited plastic surgeon. After observing your pictures you could be a candidate for chin augmentation. Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. Chin augmentation most often is used to restore balance to the face due to a weak chin (under-projecting in profile). This disproportion of facial structure—having a small chin—tends to make the nose look larger and results in a poor jaw/neckline. As it doesn’t support the neck skin, often it causes skin to hang down from the upper neck and can lead eventually to a “turkey waddle” deformity. Chin implants can also create a wider, stronger chin. They can also be used to lengthen the face slightly.

It is a very simple outpatient procedure typically done in the plastic surgeon’s office or in a surgery center. It is usually done under local anesthesia with oral sedation or intravenous sedation, but can be done under general anesthesia if requested.

It is very important to select a highly-skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon, to aid you in selecting the implants and insertion methods that will give you the best possible result.

#chinaugmentation
#chinimplant

Candidate for Chin Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

#chinaugmentation
#chinimplant

Sliding genioplasty + rhinoplasty = profileplasty

You are an optimal candidate for the so called profileplasty, which consists in doing rhinoplasty and chin surgery at a time.

Your nose needs basic complete rhinoplasty via endonasal (no scars) to shave down the hump, reduce the tip and narrow frontally.

Your chin needs anterior advancement and for this I recommend sliding genioplasty.

Being an option, chin implants have serious disadvantages, specially in the mid and long term, patients are rarely happy with them after 5-6 years, all are out by then or later.

Consider the chin advancement by means of sliding genioplasty, the advantages are:
-lifetime procedure, no more revision or renewal procedures
-more natural than implants
-no visibility of implant edges during gestures
-improves the double chin effect at the sub-mental muscles (floor of mouth) hammock caused by lack of tension there; also improves the shape and tension of perioral muscles; implants do no offer this feature
-horse-shoe enhancement, covering the chin and also the jaw sides of it
-no future displacements or neuritis of mental nerves
-practically zero infections and 100% healing of bones
-no need for complex plates and screws that may need future removal; just steel wires synthesis may suffice, they stay buried into bone callus

The cons are:
-expensive, but cheap if you consider the lifetime pros
-technically demanding, few surgeons are experienced or comfortable (though I personally perform 100% of the chin augmentations by this osseous method, always after offering the patients both options)
-scary for the patient (though not so much if you explain well the stuff around it)

You'll find in this website dozens of negative experiences with chin implants in the short and mid term, do read my profile's Q&A and you'll find them too. I am doing sliding genioplaties for 15 years with the highest success and no one patient regreted, totall the opposite, I did many chin implant removals and one staged sliding genioplasties to replace them.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

-more natural than implants

The cons are:

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon