Can I get my nose smaller after a Rhinoplasty? (photos)

Hello, my name is Cata and from the age of 14 I dreamed the day when I will have a normal nose. My life was / is a nightmare. It's not just long (it's almost as long as my palm) but it's also thick, I mean it's huge. I have worked a few photos in photoshop so I can look at least normal. I would like to know if I can get these results in real life. Also my upper lip sticks out a lot because of the nose. I've seen people who managed to repair the problem with the lip after a rhinoplasty. (Photos before and after photoshopped)

Rhinoplasty

Your photo shopped pictures are a reasonable result. A closed rhinoplasty will be your best result. I would also look into a chin augmentation. It will give more balance to your face.

Talmage Raine MD

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You need a maximum deprojection of your nose. See the morph I made.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_CataGeo.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that could be possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

Mostly, I brought the tip of your nose back closer to your face, like I did for the woman in the brief video above.

When the tip of the nose comes closer to the face, we call that "deprojecting" the nose. You'll see in the morph that I also moved your upper lip, where it meets your nose, back closer to your face, too. That change usually happens when the tip is deprojected. Changes like this are possible. I don't believe I drew anything unrealistic, but the goal would indeed be as much deprojection as the surgery could get.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip deprojection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to decrease the overall size of your nose.  You may also want to consider a chin implant to balance the lower portion of your face.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD