How long draining from the scar after explantation? (photos)

Hello doctors I had a miserable experience with my breast augmentation. Got 400cc silicone utm and after two weeks a skininfection lots of draining and after the infection was fine a whole stayed and drained - the implant was exposed and after 10weeks they took the right side off-and put immideatly a new one inside due to no infection-after a week the incision opened exactly at the same spot again and the implant was removed 7days later I am now 10days po and would like to know what to expect.

Post Op Complications

I'm sorry to hear about what you have been through. You should expect to keep the implant out and heal completely for at least 6 months, infection-free, before considering re-implanting. Previous scar tissue/capsule may need to be surgically removed in order to reduce your risk of reoccurring complications.  Follow up closely with your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Implant removal

The incision will likely close as the drainage stops. You should probably wait at least 4-6 months before considering another implant.

Infection after BA

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear about your experience. After removing the implant you should be able to heal your incision. However, based on the photo it still looks like there is an area of skin that is not healing. You should go back to your PS to be evaluated as there should not be drainage or an open incision at this point. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

How long draining from the scar after explantation?

You are NOT going to like my opinion! You need reexploration and capsule removal with weeks of a drain system in place.. SORRY

Hard to say

Nothing beast a direct face-to-face consultation.  Sorry to hear that your implants became infected.  If you have persistent infections, I would suggest removing the implants, and waiting 4-6 months prior to inserting new implants.  Discuss your options with your surgeon.  Best of luck. 

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your implant difficulties.  Without an implant in place your natural body tissues should go on to heal, assuming no residual infection is present, but will take time.  Your picture demonstrates a continued incision separation which should be discussed with and investigated by your surgeon to ensure no other issues are taking place.