Wound on nose dorsum after rhinoplasty.

I have a similar problem at the same spot as this person except my wound is bigger and caused complete skin loss. What is the likely cause? Cut during dorsal hump shaving?

Dorsal nasal skin wound/compromise

The dorsal nasal skin can become compromised following rhinoplasty by: 1)virtue of peeling the skin off of the underlying nasal structures; 2) increased pressure on the skin during rasping; 3)cautery of the underlying skin can sclerose vessels;

I have found application of nitropaste to be very helpful in the early postoperative period which will stimulate vasodilation of vessels thus preventing necrosis.