What kind of breast surgery do I need? (photo)

23, no kids. 32DD. Always hated my boobs and felt like they were different from everyone else's. Fluctuated a bit between 9 & 11stone but currently around 140lbs (10st). Looking to get surgery but not sure what. The thing I'm most conscious of is the size of my areolas although I know that my breasts aren't the perkiest. What could be done to make me look any better? Thanks!!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I would of course recommend a thorough and detailed assessment by a plastic surgeon who is experienced in cosmetic breast surgery. From your photos a breast lift, with or without the use of implants depending on your goals, is likely to give you the best outcome.

All the very best,

Jonathan Adamthwaite 

FRCS (Plast) Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you appear to be a candidate for a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts giving them a more youthful appearance.  A breast augmentation would enhance volume.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

What kind of breast surgery should you have?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately without a side view photo or an in person examination to determine the location of your nipple in relation to your inframammary fold, a true determination of which procedure would benefit you most cannot be made.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you may be evaluated further, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to build the surgical plan that best helps you achieve the overall look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

You need a small breast reduction, possibly one that is known as the vertical (lollipop) mammoplasty, which will also include reduction of the areola diameter.  Hope that helps.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Based of your pictures a Breast Lift with a reduction of the areolas with /without implant.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Lift and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and for sharing an appropriate picture. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift. This procedure will lift your breasts and reshape your areolas. If you'd like more volume, you might consider implants along with the lift. I would recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. Make sure that you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon. Breast of Luck 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Surgery

Thank you for the question and photo.  There is a couple of options for you, which depend on what you want your breasts to look like after surgery.  One option is to do a breast lift, which will lift your breast, tighten the skin, and make the areolas smaller. Another option is to do a breast lift with an implant.  This option will not only lift the breasts, tighten the skin, and make the areolas smaller but it will also make the breasts larger.  Schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and figure out which option is best for you.  

Breast lift with areolar reduction will give you your desired outcome.

You can perk up your breasts with toning them up with a breast lifting and breast tightening.  However, it will require incisions on your breasts and thus you will need to accept scars in exchange for your pretty look.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast shape

Based on your pictures, you have several options, the choice of which will depend upon the size you want to be.  These options include breast reduction, breast lift, or an augmentation with a lift.  All of these procedures will allow reshaping of your breasts and downsizing of your areolae.  I recommend you seek in person consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD