Does CoolSculpting help me to get rid of my inner & outer thigh fat? Does skin sag after this procedure? What helps cellulite?

i gained 20 pounds and got stubborn fat on my inner, outer thighs, and hips. unfortunately, cellulite as well. what is the best way to beat cellulite and get rid of my stubborn fat? waiting for ur honest opinions. thank you

Thank you for your question CoolSculpting is great for the inner and outer thighs, however, we recommend for patients to be at their ideal weight before undergoing their procedure. Unfortunately, it does not help with cellulite. If you are interested, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. An in-person assessment is always best. Regards,

CoolSculpting will not help with cellulite.

CoolSculpting can be used effectively on the thighs in the right candidate. If your skin is elastic enough, there should be no issue with sagging following the procedure. Unfortunately however, CoolSculpting will not help with cellulite. You may be a candidate for Cellfina, a new device which was recently FDA approved to help treat cellulite dimples. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to see if you are a candidate for CoolSculpting and to formulate a custom treatment plan that addresses all of your concerns.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question. Coolsculpting will help with the inner and outer thigh fat treatment but will not correct lax or loose skin at this time.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting on thighs.

CoolSculpting is an excellent and effective treatment with predictable results.  It is best for those stubborn fat pockets that often develop on the stomach hips and thighs.  You can expect a minor amount of skin contraction in the area of treatment but it does not have any effect on cellulite.  However if the excess fat is causing dimpling and you reduce the fat layer with CoolSculpting you could possibly experience a reduction in the appearance of cellulite as a nice side effect.

Best of luck to you.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for the thighs and hips

For many patients, CoolSculpting is a fantastic way to decrease fat volume at the hips and thighs.  It is especially effective for treating abdominal fat.  Further, it is one of the safest cosmetic procedures around.  It's very well-tolerated and the most common side effect is some swelling and tenderness lasting, in most cases, less than one week.  Be sure to consult with a Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon who has plenty of experience using CoolSculpting to see if you'd be a good candidate.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting of thighs

coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. Many patients have had their thighs successfully treated. There is a certain degree of skin contraction afterwards but coolsculpting does not correct cellulite, per se.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for Thighs

Coolsculpting is fantastic for the inner and outer thighs.  We have had great results in our office with this technology.  Since the loss is so gradual after a few months, there is no skin sagging associated with the procedure at all. Please consult an expert in Coolsculpting for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green