Is this a botched job? I feel like crying all the time. What is wrong with them? (photos)

The photos attached are seven weeks post op. I am seeing my PS this week. I noticed two weeks in that they just didn't appear or look nice. I gave them a chance as my PS said you're only two weeks in. But they're looking worse by the week! I knew I was asymitric going in but not this bad. I also expressed different size yet he put in 335 cc's in both. Is it still to early to make the determination that they need a redo? I did my homework and he came highly recommended.

Is this a botched job?

It is very early to say so,definitely it doesnt appear to be a botched job,i advise you to simply wait and do nothing for atleast 6 months,yes there is a dissimilarity,but nothing to agonize about ,breasts are dynamic and keep changing shape with time and posture,dont be ina hurry and subject yourself to any revision surgery,go back to your PS and discuss with him your concerns,iam sure hell guide you the right way

India Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric at 7 Weeks

Thank you for your question. It appears, based on your photos, that the implant on the left has settled lower so far but this may be temporary or due to a difference in breast creases. It is difficult to say at this point and you do not necessarily have a problem because implants can take between 2-6 months to settle. Asymmetric settling isn't uncommon and at 7 weeks it is still early. I recommend that you try to be patient. Share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon and don't assume there is a problem just yet.
All the best

Postoperative asymmetry of the breasts

I am sorry to hear of your distress related to your postoperative appearance after breast augmentation.  Based on your photographs, it appears the left implant is lower and the right implant is higher on your chest wall.  This makes the nipples appear asymmetric as well, because as the left implant descends, the nipple appears to rise on the breast mound.  Fortunately, you are still in the early phase of healing, and your Plastic Surgeon can recommend techniques to stabilize and/or reverse the processes that are occurring.  As most woman are right handed, the right breast implant may migrate up due to actions of the pectoralis major muscle (chest muscle that implants are placed beneath).  This elevation, combined with more rapid descent of the left implant, will result in worsening asymmetry.  Therefore, use of an underwire bra can stablize the position of the left breast implant, and firm massage of the superior pole of the right breast can aid in its descent into its final position.  Generally, the implants find their final position by 12 weeks.  Do not despair, as your results may end up being ideal if you take action now.  Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to assist you in achieving your preoperative goals.  Furthermore, should you need a revision, it usually is relatively minor surgery to adust the implant capsules, and can often be performed under local with mild sedation. 

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

7 weeks post op

Thanks for the question.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is this a botched job?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current results have caused you distress.  It appears that your left implant has settled a bit lower on your chest causing some asymmetry to your right side.  This will likely require a revision procedure in the future but you will need to wait at least 3-6 months to allow the surrounding implant scar tissue to thicken sufficiently to make a repair possible.  As silicone implants were used these come pre filled in cc amounts and are not as easily adjustable as salines.  As a result your physician may have not been able to narrow the difference in breast sizes without overdoing it.  Hope this helps. 

Revison??

It IS early and both breasts WILL change more over the upcoming months. Even if it is positive now that a future revision will be necessary for a better result, I would recommend waiting at least six months for scarring/tissues/shape/position to stabilize first. You don't want to be "building a new house on a settling foundation" - especially when you didn't want/plan on "building that new house" in the first place. Give yourself the best opportunity for the best result.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Botched?

Botched is such an unpleasant word.  It suggests incompetence.Even in the hands of the most competent surgeons in the world, outcomes are not as predictable as we would hope.  As noted by others, you do have asymmetry.  Photos are hard to interpret online but it appears that the crease beneath the left breast is lower than the right.If your research was correct and your surgeon came highly recommended then he will likely work with you to achieve your desired outcome.  Speak with him about your concerns.  Make a plan with him and move forward.  He should be just as interested in you having your best outcome as you are.I hope all goes well at your next visit with your plastic surgeon and you achieve your goals.  Good luck.

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Botched?, no; Revision?, probably.

Thanks for your question and photos. Sorry to learn of your distress. Your plastic surgeon undoubtedly used his or he judgement and expertise to achieve the most symmetrical and aesthetic augmentation, but unfortunately, it appears that left breast is slightly larger and that the implant has migrated inferiorly. 
I suggest you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and he order will undoubtedly address your concerns and answer your questions. If you are unhappy, you will almost certainly require a revision of your left breast possibly with an implant exchange and pocket modification. 
Asymmetry can be very challenging to correct and the most important part of the breast that needs to be symmetrical is the upper pole which is visible through bra or bathing suit. Overall perfect symmetry may not be achievable but let your plastic surgeon discuss your options with you.
Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Although it is difficult to provide you with accurate analysis without viewing before photographs, it does seem that you have some breast implant asymmetry and that revisionary breast surgery will be necessary to improve your symmetry. Based on your photographs, it is likely that the surgery will involve adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy).  It is hard to know, whether or not different volumes will be necessary to improve the symmetry.

Best to address your concerns directly with your plastic surgeon;  I always suggest patients communicate in a calm/constructive fashion. Avoid utilizing inflammatory terms such as "botched".Is overall good shape  Discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon, preferably in front of a full length mirror, will allow you to determine the best plan to achieve an outcome you will be happier with.
 You may find the attached link, dedicated to this type of revisionary breast surgery, helpful to you. Best wishes.