Bruising 3 Days After Breast Augmentation, Normal Amount? (photo)

I am approx. 72 hours subglandular B.A. post op... I have some fairly significant bruising and am not sure if it is reason enough to follow up prematurely with my P.S., I am off the narcotic pain meds and pain is managed with tylenol. I'm obviously somewhat uncomfortable but nothing major, mostly feeling bloated with engorged breasts. Shall I give a few more days and just monitor bruising?

Bruising

Bruising is common after surgery. As you heal the bruising will fade. If you have any concerns or questions  contact your surgeon. Best of luck!
.

Bruising after BA

Your bruising looks within the normal range. You can definitely monitor the bruising, but as the days pass it should fade.

Ronald Levine, MD

Bruising 3 days after breast augmentation

Thank you for the question. You are still in the post operation recovery stage. It is not uncommon to feel pain, itchiness, bruising, and swelling during this period. It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle. It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Bruising 3 Days After Breast Augmentation, Normal Amount?

Bruising is expected after most operations and isn't considered a true complication. As the days progress the blood is absorbed by the body, and the color of the bruins gradually changes from purple to red to green and then yellow. Hope this helps. 

Bruising Appears To Be Typical

The bruising and swelling that you’re experiencing following subglandular breast augmentation is completely normal.With that said, it doesn’t hurt to see your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about your situation.Your surgeon can easily check your wound and alleviate your anxiety.

Bruising after breast augmentation

The bruising that you present in those pictures is normal, some patients bruise more than others, its all part of the healing process. If you have more questions you can always contact your Doctor. However I can see that your results will be wonderful.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Normal Bruising

The amount of bruising in your photos appears to be normal. But if you are concerned, you should call your plastic surgeon's office and let them know about your concern. He or she may want to see you sooner rather than later to confirm that it is normal.

Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after breast augmentation

This amount of bruising is certainly more than is typically seen with breast augmentation, but not necessarily problematic or worrisome. The bruising should resolve in the next few weeks. If the bruising worsens, swelling worsens, or becomes more painful, I would consider contacting your surgeon.

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after breast augmentation

Bruising after breast augmentation is normal. The amount you have appears to be within normal limits but if concerned see your surgeon. I can't tell from a just a photo.

The photos show early amounts of ecchymosis inferiorly. If you are taking the time to post the question than take the time to receive in person care from your surgeon. It could be a hematoma, especially in a sub glandular augmentation. Follow up would be nice.