Do you think I'll need a second revision? After a full tummy tuck with lipo is it possible to pull skin from the sides? (Photos)

I'm 39 yrs old I have 3 kids all cs and it's been 4 months of full tummy tuck with lipo. Ever since my surgery I've been very swollen especially from lower ab. They said it's normal that I still need time but I can still see a bump on the lower ab I thought I was gonna be flat I wasn't big I'm 5'2 weight 135 before surgery. Now I'm at 130 they removed two lbs of excess skin and 6 lbs of fat from lipo1/2 lb was transfer on my butt. I love the job my surgeon did on me it's just that small part.

Tummy tuck result

Thanks for your inquiry,  and I am glad you are pleased with your surgeon's work.  Small extra skin on the edges of the tummy tuck scar can be addressed six months after surgery usually under local in the office. Good Luck.  

Basic Details on Getting a Tummy Tuck Revision

Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months.  One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time.  They can be excised, suctioned or both.

Scars may widen or continue to be red and elevated.  These may require laser treatment or injection with kenalog and 5-FU.  Excision and reclosure may help some scars. Other treatments are available as well.

Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result.

It is best to visit your surgeon in person with all question regarding your healing process, and make sure that healing has completed before planning any revisions. Since swelling, issues with scars and more can take several months to heal there is no need to rush into a revision. It is best to visit with your same surgeon to consult regarding all questions on healing and potential revisions. Good luck to you!

Revision after abdominoplasty/liposuction

It is very difficult to give you  good advice based on these photos;  in person evaluation would help. Your "deformity" seems to be minimal if any? Most likely limited liposuction contouring will do the job. You should discuss your options with a surgeon. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon