Are 800 cc silicon implants a good size choice for me?

Hello i am 5,10 and 185 pounds i need a. Big implant because of my size i like to used 800 cc this is going to be ok or is going to get saggy fast because of the big implant do i am going to look ok or fat thanks

Try on implant sizers

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast size and cc's

It would be really helpful to have a full consultation with breast measurements taken. Using this information, your plastic surgeon can help you chose the appropriate implants and the " look" you are going for and advise you on other adjunctive procedures (mastopexy or "lift: may be necessary) to give you your desired look. There is no ideal correlation with volume of an implant and "cup size" due to many variables including the patient current breast volume and breast shape.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a size

Choosing a size is all about a healthy conversation between you and your plastic surgeon, yoviani01. Anatomy and the size of your breast "footprint" or dimensions of your chest can help pick an implant. The thickness of the overlying breast is also an important factor in implant selection. Different implants have different projection and this varies by manufacturer. Picking the right implant for you depends on a number of factors and talking about this in consultation is the best way to go and sometimes requires changing the shape of the breast with a mastopexy too. Good luck, MMT

Thank you for the question. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering larger breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "exert large" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to "larger" breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Recommendations

It is difficult to make recommendations without a full assessment and without your full measurements. At your consultation, your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will be able to provide you with recommendations to help you achieve your goal.

Take care.