What are some questions to ask my doctor?

I have started gathering a list of doctors I would like to see for a consultation of breast augmentation/implants/lift. What are some questions I should ask the doctors before consultation and after? I want to know what questions to ask before as well as during because i live in the middle of no where and want the drive to the consultation to be worth it!

How to choose a plastic surgery

Congratulations on doing your homework before you embark on plastic surgery. It is important for you to spend some time looking at your future surgeon's credentials before you spend a lifetime looking at their results. Here are some good questions for you to ask:

1. Are you board certified and is it in plastic surgery: many doctors who are now performing plastic surgery have board certification but it MAY NOT be in plastic surgery. If they say yes, they are board certified, be sure to ask if it is in PLASTIC SURGERY. If they avoid answering this question, you know they are not board certified in plastic surgery and you should move on to a different surgeon.

2. Have you performed this surgery before, and if so, how many have you done?

3. Can I see pictures of patients that YOU have performed this surgery on?

4. Where do you perform the surgery? If it is in an office based surgery center,  do you have privileges at a local hospital to perform this surgery? If so, which one?

There are two awesome websites that can assist you in locating board certified plastic surgeons. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic  Surgery and The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Wishing you great success with your homework!

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Questions for docs

First is  he board certified in plastic surgery?how many has he done?patient referrals?Visit his website and look at his work see what other patients are saying about him.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... try to use the sizers, ask your surgeon about the possible risks that involve getting a breast lift with augmentation, what can happen after your surgery, what you can feel and also what to expect after surgery. hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Questions to ask consultation of breast augmentation/implants/lift?

Thank you for the good question. Some important questions might include: board certification, number of similar procedures performed, view before-and-after pictures, speak to previous patients who have had similar procedures performed, potential risks/complications associated with the operation, incidence/reasons to need additional surgery, revisionary breast surgery financial policy, realistic expectation considerations... Best wishes.