What to do? Who can I see? (Photo)

I had a breast life don't a year and 5 months ago everything was great until I noticed my skin getting bigger and red. Which now at this point it's over baring with pain and the scars are horrible. I thook the steroids shots and also a scaring cream nothing has worked I don't know what next steps to take. I just can't take the pain anymore I can't wear a bra lay on my chests nothing they are very heavy and sensitive. What do you suggest I do?

What to do? Who can I see?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Im so sorry that you're going through this keloid problems, you can go to your surgeon to see what can be done under his or hes criterium, I hope you get rid of it... The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Keloid scarring of the breasts

I am sorry to hear that you have significant keloid scarring which has been unresponsive to conservative measures.  The combination of excision and post procedure radiotherapy can be effective in suppressing keloid scars. The location on the breast and consequence for the aesthetic outcome are extremely problematic. Address this with your plastic surgeon.Best wishes,Dr Kraft

Hypertrophic scars, keloids

Extremely important to avoid rubbing or starching the wounds. Calmine lotion or benedryl cream can help relieve any itching. A Silagen or silicone gel cream can help control the scar. See your plastic surgeon to check the wound and for the best advice. Silicone sheets made by Silagen can help as well. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

For really bad keloids, superficial X-Ray therapy can be helpful. Speak to your plastic surgeon about that mode of therapy for a referral to the appropriate doctor. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD