Upper eyelids surgery: swelling. (photos)

Okay so now I'm, 6 days post opp of my upper eyelids surgery. And under eye fillers. But i still have the fat in the coner of my eyes. And now i have bags, is that swelling. Will this go down? My whole was to get the day removed from that part of my eyes. And. The fillers was supposed to remove a line i had under my eyes. Should i be concerned will this go away?

Post-operative swelling

at 6 days post-op,  you are very early in the healing process. The swelling should continue to gradually improve over the coming weeks. 

It is very common to get swelling of the lower eyelid area after HA fuller injection. That should Imprive in the next 1-2 weeks. Sometimes a short course of steroids may help hasten the improvement. 

Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. 

Westport Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling

Thank you for posting your question. From your photos, your eyes look very swollen. There are individual differences, but it can take 4-6 months for swelling to completely go away. Be patient and give your body the time it needs to settle into its final shape. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye-Lid Recovery

Both eyelid surgery and eyelid filler treatments remain one of the most challenging procedures in plastic surgery. The reason for this is the recovery. Eyelids swell. Following a blepharoplasty or eyelid procedure I generally teach my patients the magic six week rule. While it is not a definite, for most people this holds true. Up until around six weeks after your procedure your eyelids will periodically swell and the scars will be more visible. Around the six week mark this tends to rapidly improve. 

It is important that you contact your surgeon to evaluate you if you are concerned but rest assured that all patients undergoing blepharoplasty have swelling issues and you are not alone! 

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

Upper Bleph swelling

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the healing process post upper blepharoplasty. That type of swelling is very normal. You will see gradual improvement every day and just follow your doctors instructions. Best of luck.

J. Timothy Heffernan, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Problems after blepharoplasty

You are still swollen from the surgery. The upper eyelid surgery can make your lower eyelids swollen (and so can the filler) so be patient. Your eyelids will look better as the swelling subsides. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

You quite swollen and this is normal for being just 6 days out from surgery.

This will rapidly improve over the next couple of weeks.  When you get to 2 months of healing, if the lateral fullness persists, then I would be concerned.  Until then, follow your surgeon's instructions and try to be patient.

Swelling after blepharoplasty and fillers

Six days after surgery is very early. Expect to have swelling for weeks, but you should see gradual improvement every couple of days. Some health problems can cause prolonged swelling, so be sure to keep your general health optimized (things like blood pressure, heart issues, thyroid issues...). Keep your head up, minimize salt intake, etc. Good news is that when the swelling resolves, you should see a nice contour of the lids and the bridge of the nose. Best wishes with your recovery.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye swelling

Be patient. You are only 6 days post procedure. It might take several weeks for  the majority of the swelling to subsides. If concerned, speak with your surgeon.

Post upper lid bleph

This swelling looks normal.  The lid contour looks good and I don't see any extra fat there.  As the swelling goes down you should look good.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon