Uneven lips due to lump 1.5 months after juviderm injection. Any suggestions? (photo)

I had my top lip filled with juviderm about a month and a half ago. A lump on the left side underneath my lip had formed shortly after and it hasn't subsided. Because of this lump, my top lip looks very uneven since it forces it to protrude. I went to the doctor and he said to leave it alone and it'll go away with time. What should I do? I feel like I completely wasted my money.

Unwanted Fullness After Juvederm

Thank you for your question and sorry that you are unhappy with the appearance of your lips after injection with Juvederm.  Fillers can cause some fullness postprocedure which typically resolves at 2 weeks when you see your final result.  Massage can help to alleviate unwanted fullness.  Based on what you describe, I would advise you to be reevaluated by an expert injector and to consider dissolving your area of unwanted fullness with Vitrase.  Best of luck! 

Lump from Lip Injections

I would definitely consider having Vitrase injected to dissolve the product since the lump should be removed.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lump in lip after filler...

Thank you for your question.  Lip filler lumps and bumps can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Please follow up with you physician for treatment with hyaluronidase.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler in lips

If you developed a lump, that can mean several things. It can be filler material ( most likely), or it can be a salivary gland, or it can be granulation tissue to name a few.  Filler will dissolve with hyaluronidase.