Do I really need a TT? Don't want to have one just interesting in lipo and and fat transfer ??? (photos)

Do I really need a TT??? I dont want to have one.. Am interesting in liposuction of the abdomen and fat transfer toy hips and but... I was quote by one DR and recommend TT as well but TT is a procedure that I dont want to do

Tummy tuck tightens skin

You don’t need to get a tummy tuck if you don’t want one but you should understand that your stomach won’t be as flat as you may like with liposuction alone. It’s hard to say from your photos but it looks like you do have some loose skin in your stomach, and it will only get looser and more apparent with liposuction alone. A tummy tuck would remove this loose skin, though, which is why your surgeon is probably recommending it.

To tuck ot not to tuck

The answer to your question depends on your ultimate goals and expectations.  To get the flattest, tightest abdomen possible, a tummy tuck may be the best procedure.  However, you may be satisfied with a lesser procedure such as liposuction alone, or even non-invasive treatments such as CoolSculpting if your goal is to lose some of the subcutaneous fat, and you are not concerned about tightening the skin or correcting the separation of your abdominal muscles.  It is important that you and your surgeon are on the same page in terms of your goals and expectations for the surgery, and they should take the time to understand what you want and try to provide you with advice that meets those goals.  I recommend consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Physical exam would be helpful, bit it appears from your photos that liposuction is certainly an option. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Liposuction and fat transfer

You can avoid a tummy tuck and have Vaser ultrasound liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks/hips. I routinely use this to flatten your tummy, tighten the skin and contour your curves.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.   

Do I really need a TT? Don't want to have one just interesting in lipo and and fat transfer

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I think that you will be helped nicely by liposuction and do not need to be compelled to go ahead with a tummy tuck procedure with the understanding that your muscle laxity and excess skin will remain unchanged.  Depending upon how thick your subcutaneous fat layer is (you can pinch a double layer of skin to test it) will determine how significant the flattening of your stomach will be from liposuction alone.  Many patients prefer liposuction due to the nearly invisible incisions and the avoidance of a significant scar but must understand that there are limits to what can be achieved.  Hearing your preference I find that you likely will do well with liposuction alone. Enjoy the video below for more information that you will find helpful. Good luck. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.You do not need to do any cosmetic procedure that you do not want; the plastic surgeon was simply giving his expert opinion. You may benefit nicely from a Brazilian butt lift with Smart Lipo to smooth and tighten the skin. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks and/or hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/and or hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer and liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction and fat transfer.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Without a history regarding pregnancies and just looking at the photos it's hard to tell whether or not you need a TT. You may be able to have liposuction instead but you really need to be examined. You should consult with a Board Certified PS. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

If you have had children and want a flat abdomen, then you may need a tummy tuck. Lipo will get rid of some fat, but  your tummy will still pooch out. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck or not?

The answer here depends upon what your goals are.  If you are looking for a very flat abdomen, then a tummy tuck would be needed.  If not, you can proceed just with the fat transfer, realizing there may be a small risk that you feel the skin is too loose after the suctioning.  If that is the case, you can always have a tummy tuck performed at a later date. 
Visit with another plastic surgeon or 2 to get some more opinions.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon