Tenting, symmastia? 1 month postop. (photos)

I am 1 month postop and my boobs are still forming one block, i dont have a clear cleavage, the skin on my sternum is lifted. As I mentionned in my first post right after surgery I had so much pain in my sternum muscle like it was being ripped off, so painful that It made me cry. Now the swelling went off and still this weird shape is this normal? Do I have symmastia from muscle or skin being lifted during surgery? :( (Got 425 cc shaped unders) Thank you.

Synmastia

Tenting/lifting of the tissue off the sternum is usually related to large implants and swelling. Typically this resolves on it's own. In order to rule out synmastia you should be examined in person by your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Tenting, symmastia after breast implants? 1 month postop.

Thank you for your question.  It is important that she see a plastic surgeon for an examination and begin wearing a symmastia type bra.  Hopefully this will improve with time.

Final Result and Appearance of Implants

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Since it has been one month you may still have some more time for your implants to settle into place. However, if you find yourself concerned or worried at all about your final result it would be good to have a follow-up with your surgeon to have the area evaluated and make sure that the healing process is moving along well. Good luck!

Tenting

Large implants may cause skin tenting of the sternal area in between. It is usually temporary.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Have a recheck

Have a recheck and see about wearing a symmastia bra. The bra is designed to put extra pressure in the middle to reduce swelling and chance of symmastia.

Skin tenting

At this point it doesn't look like you have true symmastia.As things continue to heal and your breasts round out things should improve. Be sure to express your concerns to your surgeon and not just on this website so he/she understands and can walk you through your healing process. Best of luck 

Tenting

It looks like tenting and not a true symmastia. This may be swelling only and you should check this with your surgeon.

Tenting, symmastia? 1 month postop.

Your concerns are understandable. Based on the  photographs, you do not have symmastia (you may find the attached link, demonstrating true cases of breast implant displacement interesting to you). It is likely that you have some swelling and/or tenting in the cleavage area (exaggerated in appearance with use of bra or tight fitting clothing).  Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource for advice/reassurance. Best wishes.