Sexual sensitivity with anchor procedure; is this my only option?

I am 4'10" and my cup size is J-K. My breasts are very heavy. My PS says because of the amount he has to remove to get to a C-D range, he would have to detach the pedicle and do a FNG, which would leave me with no sensitivity. Is this my only option?

Not necessary

I agree with Dr. Rosenblatt. I rarely do free nipple grafts on patients like you and almost all patients can get a pedicle type procedure, with excellent result. See a plastic surgeon with at least 15 years of experience in these cases. I'm sure you'll do well.Hope this helps.
Leland Deane MD FACSNYC, Garden City, Babylon NY

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Most of the time a breast reduction can be performed leaving the nipple on a pedicle and most of the time the nipple is sensate after surgery. I rarely have to resort to a free nipple graft, but if this is required, sensation of the nipple will be lost.

I'm afraid that is your only option.  It is not commonly done, but in your case that is the only way your plastic surgeon can reduce your breasts to a size proportional to your body.  Maintaining a pedicle and sensation to the nipple would only reduce you to 2-3 cup sizes smaller, and your breasts will still be too large for your body, and you will continue to have your back and shoulder symptoms.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Free nipple grafts

Most patients with your shape and dimension can be treated without FNG, but without a personal examination and consultation, it's not possible for anyone on this site to say this for sure.  Your best bet is to have another opinion or two.  If everyone seems to think you need the FNG, then odds are that's your only chance.

Free Nipple Graft

No need to do a Free Nipple Graft based on your dimension.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Get a second opinion. In the over 30 years I have been doing reductions, I have rarely done FNGs and in those cases the removal of breast tissue was over 5-7 pounds/breast. Those are the Largest reductions. I don't know how big you are because you need to be examined before giving you a final opinion.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

I would suggest, before you commit, that you seek additional consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons. Free nipple grafting, although sometimes necessary, is not necessary in the vast majority of cases. Best wishes.