Had saline breast implants in 2009, I notice my breast are itchy and my nipples have dark circles around them. (photos)

In the last year my breast have been growing. I notice I am itchy alott. Also notice dark brownish disscoloration around my nipples. I get a annual mammo and sonogram of my breast and they are in tact. I want to have them replaced and have my breast lifted. I want to stay a size C cup. Currently a 36D- can this be in expensive by a licensed surgeon. I was a B cup size originally.

Breasts getting larger - what to do?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant revision

• I agree completely with your plan to have the implants removed and a breast lift.
  • If your breasts are growing, they may continue to do so -
  • Do you know the reason? (Weight gain? Pregnancy? Hormone treatment?)
  • You certainly need a smaller implant to go down a cup size.
  • The breast lift will not be cheap - but have a consultation to find out what is involved.
  • Then you can decide what approach is best for you.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Lift

Your areaola have become enlarged from your growing breast as well as placement of the implants.  I agree you should have your saline implants changed to silicone gummy bear implants and a mastopexy

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Implant exchange

It sounds like you need an implant exchange to smaller, and from the looks of your breasts, you also might need a lift.

Breast implant replacement and lift

Thanks for your question and for the photos.

It is not unusual for your breasts to both increase in size (especially with weight gain, pregnancy etc.) and droopy with time.  You can easlily change the impalnts and do a lift at the same time if that is what you desire.  If happy with the saline implants, I would use saline again.  They are less expensive than the silicone.

Best of luck in your search.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast implant exchange and lift

Dear greatwhite786,

Breast growth and pigment changes could indicate a hormonal condition.  Before proceeding to breast implant exchange and breast lift, you should see your primary care physician or gynecologist for an evaluation and screening blood testing.  The cosmetic correction is the easy part.  Good luck!

Implant exchange and lift

if you have gained weight, then the breasts would certainly increase in size. That stretching will affect the nipple-areolar complex as well. There are many alternative implants that were not available at the time of your original surgery. Best wishes.