Will I need a revision on my implants? (Photos)

One breast is larger than the other will they both even out in due time or will I need a revision? I did my boobs July 10th ,2016

Will I need a revision?

Thank you for your question.  It does appear that you have asymmetry. I would recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon. At this point the majority of your swelling should have subsided.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Discuss asymmetry results with your plastic surgeon

This is really something that your own plastic surgeon is in the best position to evaluate. There are a number of possibilities to consider:

• was there asymmetry before surgery?
  • were the same size implants used?
  • is the asymmetry due to swelling/fluid collection?

Richard Baxter, MD

Uneven

There are many reasons that one breast will be larger that the other.  It is not possible to tell the cause or answer whether a revision is indicated based on one photo.  I recommend you discuss with your surgeon to first determine the cause (capsular contracture, seroma, different amount of tissue before surgery, different size implants) and then devise a plan.

Good luck.  I hope you find just the right - and even - size you are looking for.

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Revision

IF you want your breasts to more even in size, you will need a revision. best to start by going back to your original surgeon, IF he/she won't help you then go to someone else.