What procedure can be suggested to remove a double chin besides Liposuction? (photos)

I am slim but ever since I was a teenager I had a slight double chin. It does not show if you are looking straight at me, but from the side it hangs a little bit. I always wanted a very defined jaw line. What procedure can be suggested to really define my face?

Kybella Kybella Kybella

Thanks for the question.  Kybella is your answer.  Only FDA approved injectable to treat submental fullness.  It would work fantastic in your circumstance.  Another option is cool sculpting, but I think yo would get a better look with the Kybella.  

Good Luck

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Kybella Kybella Kybella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good Luck

Kybella

Thank you for your question irinelle52. I understand your concern. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. The double chin can be caused by age, weight gain, or genetics. If I had a patient who looked like the person in this photograph I would say she is a good candidate for Kybella. A series of 2-4 treatments is recommended, sometimes up to 6 treatments. I perform treatments every 3 months. Results are seen slowly over time. Patience is important.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella

Kybella

Based on your photo, you look to be an ideal candidate for Kybella. It's an injectable that targets the pocket of fat under the chin, dissolving it permanently. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss. The results are really remarkable.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella for the double chin

Kybella is the only FDA approved injectable drug used to treat the submental fat that causes a double chin. It destroys the fat cells and prevents the fat from reaccumulating. It has produced amazing results and is associated with very little downtime, with most going to work the next day. Depending on how much fat is in the submental region, the typical number of treatments ranged from 2-4 for maximal results. You would probably only require 1-2 treatments. Theoretically, the fat cells that are destroyed do not regenerate so it is considered a long lasting treatment. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for the double chin

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Options for Submental Chin Fat

There are several devices on the market that can destroy fat under the chin by FREEZING the fat or MELTING the fat. TruSculpt works by melting the subcutaneous fat and also tightening the skin at the same time!    Another highly successful treatment is KYBELLA . When KYBELLA is injected into the fat under the chin, it causes permanent destruction of the fat cells.  Once destroyed, these fat cells will not return.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Liposuction Kybella

Deoxycholate injections are painfull and produce swelling for up to two weeks. Considering that injections yield 15-20% reduction in submental fat. Other options may be more desireable. Liposuction and Smartlipo result in up to 50% reduction in fat, Sureshape 25% and Ultrashape 20% without significant pain, Coolshape up to 20% with post treatment pain and dysesthesias. Swelling lasts up to four weeks.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Liposuction Kybella

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Kybella for Double Chin

Thank you for your question about Kybella.

Yes, from the picture you have included, it appears that you would likely benefit from Kybella treatment..

To be sure what is best for you, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Kybella for Double Chin

Kybella

Thanks for the question and your photo.  Kybella is an excellent product for treating isolated pockets of submental fat without the need for surgery and/or anesthesia.  My best advise for you would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is trained to inject Kybella.  Good luck!

Kybella

Kybella

Thank you for your question. Kybella is an fda approved injectable drug for submental fat that is an alternative to liposuction. Kybella reduces submental fat and improves the overall contour. Kybella typically requires a few sessions. Another option is coolsculpting which has a new treatment indication and attachment for the submental area.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Kybella

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

What procedure can be suggested to remove a double chin besides Liposuction?

Kybella® fat reduction injections are a new treatment from Allergan®, the makers of Botox Cosmetic® which is designed expressly to destroy neck fat and is ideal for a "double chin". Please consult a board certified for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist