Pain in right breast and right arm. Silicone breast implants for 5 years.

had silicone implants for 5 years. having off and on pain in the right breast and now having pain in the upper right arm. I was told to have a mamo and breast sono. I don't know if this is safe. should about be worried.

Visit your plastic surgeon or primary care doctor immediately.

The ongoing pain you are describing is not something to be ignored and you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. There's a possibility that the problem is not serious, however, it is best to stay on the safe side and determine the cause of pain. There may be an issue with your implant, which can be determined with a mammogram or MRI. Other tests may be necessary, and the pain could be completely unrelated to your breast augmentation. Either way, do not ignore this pain, as it is your body’s way of telling you something is going on. Best of luck to you.

Post Op Discomfort

Imaging tests such as ultrasound and MRI are often useful to begin investigating the source of discomfort. I recommend that you be examined by your primary care Physician and continue to follow up with them.

All the best

Concerned - Not worried

Unlikely that the cause of your pain is the breast implants.  Do you have capsules?  Are your breasts hard?  If you answered no to these questions, the cause is likely muscular.   Both mammography and sonography are perfectly safe procedures for someone with breast implants.  Of course, if you are still concerned, please see your surgeon.  Good luck.