Is it normal for a half finger size incision underneath nipple to open 3 weeks after breast reduction surgery?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Wound dehiscence

Chris,
It is not normal for a wound to open three weeks after surgery but it is certainly not unhear of.  The key is to keep the area clean and dry.  Shower normally.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon so they may look at the wound to make sure nothing else is needed other than time.
Good luck with your continued healing.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Wound dehiscence

Wound dehiscences can happen with any surgery.  Proper wound care is key to get it to heal properly at this point.  Best to see your surgeon and follow his instructions.