Will my swelling go down? And will my implant drop more? (photos)

I had a 550cc saline implant placed under the muscle and a benelli lift 3 days ago. I have been extremely swollen but no bruising . Most of my swelling is in the area between my breast, how long will it take to go away? Do my breast look normal for 3 days post op?

Swelling after surgery

At three days out you are too early to see the final results.  It will take several weeks for most of the swelling to go down and up to 4-6 months to see the final result.

Yes

Implants always look strange in the beginning. It usually takes 3 to 6 months to settle. Don't expect them to look good before then.

Swelling and high implant after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  You're far too early to be concerned about swelling and implant location after breast augmentation surgery.  Swelling can last 3-6 weeks and it can take 3 months for the implant to drop into its final location.  Please follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Swelling 3 days post op

Thanks for your question. It is too early to tell what your final results will be as it takes several months for swelling to go away.

Sumanth Pagadala, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Swelling

Postoperative swelling following a breast augmentation and mastopexy is to be expected.  It can take weeks to months for the post operative swelling to subside and as final results can take up to six months to see, it is way too early to judge the final results. 

Each surgeon has their own postoperative care routine, however, my patients wear a sports bra compression garment and elastic bra band for one month following their procedure to help bring down the swelling and help to facilitate the settling of the implants. 

You should speak with your surgeon at your next follow up appointment to review the changes you can expect to see over the course of the next few months.

It may take several weeks for breast implants after augmentation to "drop".

Postoperative swelling will artificially supports the volume of an implant. As the swelling subsides this volume will be more naturally distributed.

Your surgeon should be more than happy

to address your concerns about swelling and appearances as your surgeon does want the best result for you too.  If you're posting and wondering if you look normal for 3 days out, the answer is YES, you are normal for 3 days out.  ALWAYS keep your surgeon informed of any concerns you may have and follow instructions.  Best wishes for the outcome you desired!

Curtis Wong, MD

Post augment/pexy swelling

Whenever I read questions like this, I truly wonder whether the surgeon spent more than 3 minutes with the patient!  The answer to both questions should have been addressed during the consultation. It will take several months for the breasts to drop. Swelling at this point is entirely normal and I think you will have an excellent result.

Normal swelling after BA

You just had your surgery. It is normal to have swelling --- it should subside within few weeks- but the general healing will take few months. It should drop-- just give it time to heal and adjust. Please review your post-op instructions. 

Swelling after surgery

You are still early on in your recovery. It can take several months for swelling to subside therefore please wait a little longer before evaluating your results. 

Your your results look good so far.