Mommy Makeover before or after pregnancy ?

Happy New Year !!! I'm a newbie and Im considering two things in my life. Im 29 years old and want to look fabulous on my wedding day (next year) and also want to have another child pretty soon ( I want to give birth in 2018) .... Im currently weigh 255 5'8 and had a c section. My scar healed pretty well .. you can't even tell I had a c section :) ... Im just debating if I should wait after my second child to get my mommy makeover

The Lasting Results of a Mommy Makeover if Following Pregnancy

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy and information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.   Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  Therefore, if you experience weight gain, pregnancies, or any other drastic body altering changes, it is very possible the results may be compromised.  Hence, it may be best to delay your procedure(s) involving the areas affected by pregancy, weight gain and nursing until after your final pregancy if at all possible or predictable.
Also, your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover and Your Family

Typically, I recommend waiting until you are done having children to have a procedure such as a Mommy Makeover performed. This is due to the expansion of your abdomen during pregnancy. This expansion is usually the reason why some women seek to have a Mommy Makeover performed in the first place. By waiting until you are done growing your family, you will receive the best and most long-lasting results!

Jay Burns, MD

Mommy makeover before finishing kids

As you might imagine, it is preferable to have body contouring procedures such as a tummy tuck performed after you have had children.  Pregnancy can have negative effects on the tightening of the core muscles as well as the skin. The effects of a breast lift can also be lost due to the engorgement associated with pregnancy and breast feeding. My advice would be to wait. Best of luck.

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover best after pregnancy

Thanks for your question.  Mommy makeovers, especially surgery involving the abdomen such as liposuction and/or tummy tucks, are best done after completing childbearing to mitigate the need for additional surgery after pregnancy.  Best of luck!

Mommy makeover should best the postponed until childbearing is complete.

It is certainly possible to have a mommy makeover combination of operations and then get pregnant. This would likely and do at least some of the aesthetic benefit of the procedures. However most plastic surgeons would advise you to wait until childbearing is complete to undergo something is physiologically significant as an abdominoplasty

Wait until after children

You definitely want to wait until you are finished having children before considering a tummy tuck. Now, if you are looking to have a breast augmentation as part of your Mommy Makeover, you could do that before your next child. Hope this helps -- Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Mommy Makeover Timing

If you are planning to have any other children, then I would 100% advise you to wait until after that for a mommy makeover. A tummy tuck is going to tighten all of your abdomen muscles and remove any loose skin. That being said, would just restretch during a pregnancy and then the surgery would have to be redone.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover before or after pregnancy

Pretty much the entire mommy make over would need to be re-done after the pregnancy. I think you can certainly lose weight before the wedding to make you look better but I would hold off on the surgery until you have had the child.

Julio Garcia, MD

Wait

Thank you for your question.  You should absolutely wait until you are no longer planning on having children before undergoing the mommy makeover procedure.  In general, the mommy makeover procedure consists of cosmetic surgery of the tummy and breasts (tummy tuck and breast lift/augmentation).  If you were to undergo this procedure soon before having another child, it is likely that the results will be "undone."  Please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine both what would be best for you and what your goal weight should be before undergoing surgery.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Mommy makeover

Yes, waiting til after your next child is a good idea.  If you have too much fullness and want to compromise, you may be able to have just the lower area removed (paniculectomy) to have a better fit in your wedding dress, then complete your family.  You can still have a tummy tuck after that and you have burned no bridges.

Much happiness for your new relationship!