Should I lose weight before full liposculpture and fat transfer to hips and buttocks? (Photo)

I am currently 5'2 and weigh 170. I wanted to know if I should consider bringing my weight down before the procedure or if I would have a better outcome if I left the fat. I do plan to work out after to achieve optimal results.

Should I lose weight before full liposculpture and fat transfer to hips and buttocks?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Weight loss before fat transfer

If you wish to loose weight, please do so before the transfer, not afterwards after fat transfer, it is important not to try to loose weight initially, or less fat may survive.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss unnecessary

Based on the photographs there appears to be no reason for you to lose weight before you have the liposuction procedure.  After surgery work out and diet.  It will improve your outcomes.

Lose wheight for get a liposculpture

that's a good question, i need a sitting down photo so i can see if a liposculpture is the right procedure for you

Disnalda Matos, MD

Weight loss issue

Hello, thank you for the question. As I see it, you can have an excellent result through BBL. Liposuction will help you accentuate a curvy waistline with a beautiful lower back arch and the loss of the fat rolls in your back. The fat transfer will definitely give you a wonderful projection. The question of wether you have to loose fat or not depends on how voluptuous you want your end result to be, if you want a thinner look you should go for the weight loss first, if want the voluptuous look you are perfect as you are right now. Hope to have been of some help. Good luck with your surgery

Jose Leon, MD

Thank you for the photos, you are at a perfect weight to create a Brazilian butt lift, this procedure would enhance your curve. A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a lot of experience on BBL would give you the shape you want.