How long do I have to wait until I can do an IPL or any other laser treatment similar to IPL?

I just finish my 6 month of accuatne I am done now I have a few red marks that are really bothering me I want them to go away had them for over a year now I read that you should wait 6 months after your done to do laser treatment my doctor said last month after 3 months I probbly could start what do you guys think is the appropriate time to do laser treatment im really eager to start but I don't want to damage my face any feed back would be great

Laser treatment post Accutane

Due to the photosensitizing effects of Accutane (isotretinoin) and it's long half-life, waiting 6-12 months post Accutane treatment would be the safest option.  Most recommendations are to wait a full 12 months post treatment.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment with BBL after Accutane treatment.

Hope this helps.

How long should you wait to undergo IPL treatment after stopping Accutane?

You have asked an excellent question to which there is no concrete answer.  Some physicians recommend a 6-12 month window but more recently this has been called into question.  There are some physicians who do not feel that an extended period of time is required between stopping Accutane and undergoing treatment such as IPL.  I would trust your doctor's recommendation.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Accutane and laser treatment

Good question.  Although there is no clear consensus on this issue, i generally recommend a patient wait for a full year after stopping accutane before doing any treatments on the face.  This is probably overkill but I tend to practice and offer safe options and this to me makes sense given the powerful changes that Accutane makes.  Now there are some patient variables that can change that, but I have found this to be fairly safe way to go.
Good luck
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

V-Beam after Accutane

Most doctors will do the V-Beam for the redness three months after discontinuing Accutane therapy.  The V-Beam is the gold standard for redness and is preferred over the IPL.  Best, Dr. Green