How long so I have to wait for my breast look and feel natural? (photo)

It's been a week post op since I had a breast lift with implants. I still look and feel very swollen. When is an approximate time to start seeing better results. Also when do I start to use cream for scar

How long so I have to wait for my breast look and feel natural?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure. Keep in mind that no one will replace your own plastic surgeon when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and meaningful reassurance.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result.  

Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.

There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.   

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Healing after lift

You are fresh post-op and have to give it time to heal. It may take 3-4 months for things to settle. As for scar care, you are best to check with your surgeon as he may have a specific regimen that he would like you to follow.

Breast lift with implants post op healing.

Thank you for the question and photo. 

The swelling may take up to 6 weeks and the full healing up to 6 months so it's very early for you. But you look great so far. 

Ask you plastic surgeon what he or she recommends. I usually ask my patients to start massaging their scars with Scarfade at 3 weeks. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Changes after breast surgery.

From your photographs, it seems that you are probably off to an excellent start towards good results. You should talk to your plastic surgeon if you have any concerns. You can expect things to feel very hard and high for many weeks after a lift with augmentation. Set your sights on 3 to 6 months before you can see your final results.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants natural feel..

Congratulation on your procedure. It seems you will have a very good result. It is normal to be swollen a week after surgery because you are still very early in the healing process. You should start to see some swelling go down as early as next week and the rest of the swelling should go down in 4-6 weeks. It can take from 3 to 6 months for the implants to drop or settle, assuming they are under the muscle. Over the muscle implants take much less to time to settle. Within the coming weeks you will notice a difference in how they look and feel, they will look and feel much more natural as the days go by.

As far as treatments for scars, every surgeon has their own protocol. I Like to wait a month before starting with silicon based ointments or silicon strips. Please make sure to ask your plastic surgeon before you start applying anything on your scar.

Miguel Mota, MD

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Post breast lift with augmentation

At 1 week, it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation with a lift. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 4-6 months to see your final results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeon for his or her evaluation and advice. Good luck 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francsico Bay Area 

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon