How long after getting a BBL do I need to wait before I can have a tummy tuck? (Photo)

Tummy tuck after a BBL...

Those two procedures can certainly be done at the same time. But if you separate them, after a wait time of about 6 weeks you should be fine for a tummy tuck. Be sure to follow the instructions of your surgeon because he/she knows you best.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6 months between procedures to allow your body adequate time to heal and recover.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Multiple procedures

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

In mu practice I usually perform those procedures you want in the same surgical time. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for  TT+ BBL at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck after a BBL

Ms Beautiful

Often, I do both a tummy tuck combined with a BBL.  If you are having lipo of your sides/flanks, then wait 4-6 weeks after to allow for proper evaluation of your side skin during your tummy tuck. 

Good luck

Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

How long after getting a BBL do I need to wait before I can have a tummy tuck?

Depending on your medical condition, height and weight, as well as your blood count, you may be able to have a TT from 6 weeks onward. You need to consult with a PS. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

At 8 weeks, most of the healing has occurred and more importantly your risks from having a second general anesthetic go back to normal.

Tummy tuck after BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting 3 months or having both procedures performed in the same surgical setting.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck after BBL

After a major body contouring procedure such as a BBL, it's best to wait 3-6 months before undergoing an additional major surgery such as a tummy tuck.  This window of time will allow your body to heal and settle into it's new form so that the second procedure can be performed more accurately.  In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations visit a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Keith M. Blechman, MD

New York, NY

BBL then tummy rtuck

I have patients wait a minimum of 3-4 months or until the surrounding soft tissues have softened and they have healed adequately from their previous surgery.  

BBL & TT

I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. When staging these procedures, I generally recommend waiting at least 6-8 weeks between procedures to allow swelling to resolve and pressure to be placed on the buttocks.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon