What kind of nose job should I get? (Photos)

Wanted a nose job for a while. Mainly concerned with the hump on my nose. Noticed my nose is a not crooked as well. Would a doctor be able to correct the crookedness as well as the hump or would that need to be two separate procedures? Also what KIND should I get? Didn't want anything unrealistic or completely different, just a straight bridge. Thanks !

Rhinoplasty to Improve Nose Aesthetic

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for an open rhinoplasty to reduce the dorsal bump and refine the nasal tip (if desired). This procedure is very straight forward for an experienced facial plastic surgeon. In my office, I like to use 3-D volumetric photos to communicate realistic surgical outcomes for my patients. This is a great way to ensure that you and your surgeon have the same aesthetic goals in mind. I recommend consulting with facial plastic surgeon to learn more about rhinoplasty and the best options for you. 

closed rhinoplasty approach

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump and straightening the bridge line.  It is also possible to reduce the bulbous tip and lifted as needed. It is also important to release the depressor septic ligament which pulls the tip downward when smiling. Digital computer imaging would also be helpful at the time of the consultation and examination to get an idea of what can be accomplished with the procedure. For more information and many rhinoplasty before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Yes, you have several things that can be improved including the dorsal hump, the curvature,and the tip. The tip is a bit bulbous and downward projecting.  Best of luck!

Rhinoplasty Surgery is Balancing the entire nose.

A rhinoplasty or nose surgery requires working on various components of the nose to look its best. Thus, the top, sides, tip and nostrils are balanced to create harmony of all the features of the nose.  Yes, the hump and shape will be worked upon at the same time.  Seek out a plastic surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplasty surgery and who can explain what the surgery will entail.  Look at before and after photos of the surgeon's work, to obtain some idea of what the end results will look like. But remember, each nose is unique and should reflect your personal features. No two noses should look identical.

Nose

rkayy, you will need a closed approach. note your left face is bigger than your R and needs to be taken into account. See an experienced. facial specialist that is board certified; make sure they do "only faces". Good luck and see video

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for improving a crooked nasal appearance.

Your photos may reveal a long nose, with an asymmetrical , bulbous, droopy tip, and a dorsal hump. Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for obtaining a smaller, straighter, less distracting, and more feminine nasal appearance. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goal

Rhinoplasty with tip refinement will certainly be able to reshape and create more definition to the tip of your nose. One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a limitation to the amount of tip refinement you can achieve (how small/narrow) because of the thickness of your skin. The challenge with thick skin is that even if definition is created to the nose and cartilage underneath the skin, these changes will not show through the skin.  In these cases additional support and structure is necessary to create definition in the tip of the nose.  Using grafts made from your own cartilage will be the best approach for a natural-appearing, lasting result.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What kind of nose job should I get?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

What kind of rhinoplasty?

Your photos show that you have a slight dorsal hump, poor  nasal projection and a boxy tip. In order to achieve a pleasant looking nose with facial harmony I suggest correcting all three. You have thick-skinned so this has to be taken into consideration.   I recommend an open rhinoplasty.  This would give the surgeon direct access to the structures of your nose and allow precise sculpting of the structures. Experienced rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to give you digital simulation imaging in the office before surgery and be able to closely achieve those predicted results. I recommend seeing a board-certifie experienced rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to give you digital simulation imaging in the office before surgery and be able to closely achieve those predicted results. Good luck!

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon