Below jaw line contouring. (photos)

Hello, looking for advice, not happy with neck/jaw line profile, mid30s. One plastic surgeon suggested smart lipo and the other said I don't have enough fat to work with under the jaw line. Jaw filler is not an option as I don't want to appear square, already large features. What are the risks of smart lipo if there is not enough fat to work with under the jaw? Thank you

Non-surgical and surgical options

Hi Lisa, thank you for your question and photos. The best way to determine the appropriate treatment plan would be an in-person consultation. There are several surgical and non-surgical options for neck and jaw line contouring – if volume is present, the area can be addressed surgically with liposuction and non-surgically with external contouring, such as CoolSculpting. If no volume is present, then skin tightening treatments can be performed to improve the appearance of the jawline. At our practice, we combine radiofrequency and ultrasound therapies to comprehensively address the area of concern and provide optimal outcome. Best wishes! Dr. David Amron

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Options for Jaw line

Hi! Thanks for providing photos. You may be a good candidate for Precison Tx. Precision is similar to Smartlipo. Precision focuses on the upper and lower neck as well as jowls. I recommend setting up a consult with a board certified plasctic surgeon who specialzes in Precision Tx. If you're a good candidate for the procedure Precision offers nice contouring to neck and jowls. Best of luck to you.

Scott C. Lindsay, DO
Reading Plastic Surgeon

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo Neck Contouring

Dear Lisa, Thank you for posting your neck photos and interesting question. After reviewing your photos, it appears that you have excess fat under your chin and jawline. In your mid 30's Smart liposuction or even  liposuction alone will remove the  excess fat and contour your jawline. There is enough fat to remove that will result in a significant improvement. Fortunately, neck liposuction has a short recovery time and can easily be performed user local anesthesia, if desired. I recommend that you have a consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you, discuss your optimal surgical treatment, answer all of your questions and show you dozens of their before and after neck liposuction results. Best wishes, Richard Swift, MD

Below jaw line contouring.

Based on the photos, I would suggest Smartlipo of the neck and jawline. I think that you see a significant improvement. I have treated patients with a similar appearance who were quite satisfied with the procedure. Good luck!

Smartlipo chin/jowl area!

Based upon seeing your pictures, You would be a great candidate  for Smartlipo! Laser liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure with very short amount of down time! Smartlipo is a permanent procedure that shapes and contours desired areas while destroying 60-70 % of fat cells. Chin and jowl area have amazing results and you are really able to see a new jaw line shaped for your face! You will see your best results with in 90 days with correct dieting. See a local Doctor in your area for a formal evaluation! I hope this helps you on your journey!:)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician

Smart lipo of neck and jawline

It looks like in your case, Smart Lipo would reduce what fat you do have and then provide skin tightening from the laser effect. I think you would have a nice result.

Gregory Chambon, MD
Overland Park Family Physician

Neck liposuction

Thank you for your question. Based upon your photos, I would think you would be a great candidate for laser liposuction (Smartlipo). This is an in-office procedure that takes about 1.5 to 2 hours, with a very small incision, and limited down time (swelling and mild bruising). It takes about 3 months to really see the results, but they can be dramatic. It would make a nice improvement in your profile. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

You have some great options--VASER liposuction, ThermiRf, ultrasound, Kybella

I recommend a formal evaluation with an expert in facial contouring. I find that VASER liposuction in combination with ThermiRF and/or ultrasound are best for contouring the chin and jaw in those who are candidates but Kybella can be used as an alternative. See an expert. Best. Dr. Emer

SmartLipo for jawline contouring

It's not clear what your goals are from treatment.  What I see in your photos is a submental fat deposit (double chin), poor jawline definition with excess fat in the jowl, and mild skin laxity.  The least invasive procedure which could offer significant improvement in all these areas is SmartLipo (with the smaller laser fiber used for this area, it is actually called "PrecisionTx").  The laser energy can be utilized to melt away unwanted fat and to stimulate skin shrinkage.  Typically this would take 1-1.5 hours in the office under local anesthesia. 

Complications are extremely rare in the hands of an experienced surgeon.  Unfavorable results are the same as with any liposuction and could include contour irregularity and residual skin laxity.

I suggest an in-person consultation with an experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.  Best of luck.